We love the OBX...so much we married it!

We love the OBX...so much we married it!
September 13, 2009

Thursday, January 28, 2010

NEWS: LIL BLAKE SLEEPS IN HIS CRIB!

Well...blogging is a little more time consuming than I thought...and more technical! I am a "less is more" kind of person, so I am using only what this blogger thing offers versus trying to watch youtube videos of how to make a picture my background. So far so good...I don't think my blog looks too shabby!

Alright, let's catch up. So lil b has been at his daycare for almost two weeks and I must give my kid some credit- he is very adaptable to change! I am so proud of the way he handled the switch. And the best part- Rachel, the caretaker, has sleep trained him for naps! Which gave me the strength to finally remove lil b from our bed! I know, I know, you thought this day would never come (well I didn't either)! After a few fat lips, numerous bruises, and plenty of interrupted sleep patterns, we have transitioned lil b to his crib!!! And once again, I must commend my awesome child for adapting to this change as well! This is what we did:

We finally stuck to a routine....and although I treasure our family bed moments, I will start this routine thing way earlier with the next baby (don't hold me to this!). Lil b eats dinner, we play with whatever he wants (this is usually chasing Big B in and out of his tent and tunnel), he takes a bath (his new thing is to soak the momma!), then we have some milk and read books in his room- quietly. THEN I lay him down in his crib, say goodnight, and let him cry (the worst part ever)...but then he falls asleep and I reap the benefits of a full night's rest sans fat lips and bruises.  It's not rocket science, but it's just as tough :).

1 comment: