We love the OBX...so much we married it!

We love the OBX...so much we married it!
September 13, 2009

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Little Blake's Pirate Bash!

What a better way to start a new year than to have a pirate party? That was the theme for lil b's 2nd birthday...and as expected, I went a little over the top :) I just can't help myself sometimes....!

Lil B did not like his pirate hats....

Cheese!

Sneaking a cupcake before everyone arrived :) He's the captain!

Homemade Cupcake Toppers



It's funny to me how I will never learn my lesson about throwing a toddler a birthday party... I work so hard and plan months in advance about what we are going to do for the theme and then the big day arrives.... and lil b could care less! I guess these are just my practice parties until he is ready to go all out :) I can't wait for those birthdays!!! Anyways, we had a good amount of adults and an awesome spread of food. We had kalua pulled pork, southwestern potato salad, black bean and corn salsa, tuna poke (big blake's specialty), seaweed salad, slaw, and lots of other munchies. Lil b's chocolate cupcakes were made from scratch with delicious homeade buttercream frosting- topped with custom cupcake toppers! For an activity, we made Momma Pyle's Sugar Cookies for the kids to decorate and then lead them to the playground so they could run off some energy. Lil b was not interested in presents- especially after receiving a custom Thomas the Train stroller from Rachel & Izzy and train tracks from Quinn. His Uncle Luke gave him a mini lacrosse stick that he laced with bright colors which was a big hit at the playground.
Auntie Lang giving lil b a lift

Captain Jack Sparrow- these were the custom pirate hats

Sugar Rush!

Not interested in pictures or presents!



Crashing in his Buzz Lightyear Pjs

We had too much excitement at his bday party so we decided to give him amma's present this morning...and it was a hit! Thanks Pyle Family!!! This was a pretty funny experience- lil b doesn't grasp the concept of steering and driving at the same time so Katie and I were chasing him around steering for him so he didn't run into trees, cars, etc. You can even check him out trying to drive with his feet!



Happy boy with cupcake...

Sugar meltdown..after he chucked his cupcake off the deck...






It was a busy but fun filled weekend... have to give a big shout out to Christy and Katie for helping me set up and cook everything for the party!!! I love you girls and thanks!! I would not have been able to pull this off without you!!!



Christy, Jack and Mike Post <3

No comments:

Post a Comment