We love the OBX...so much we married it!

We love the OBX...so much we married it!
September 13, 2009

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

it's just a little trim!

I'm not sure what it is about lil b not liking to get his haircut, but it is quite the struggle! I'm sure he is just expressing his independence- which is just predicting one of the many topics we will argue about when he becomes a teenager (woo hoo, can't wait.). I've been meaning to get his haircut for about a month now, but after being permanently scarred from our last experience, I procrastinated. It wasn't until last week when we went to dinner with Don and Dolores that pushed me to finally do it. As we were enjoying our dinner, a lady walked by and just ohh-ed and ahh-ed about how cute our little girl was. Due to the initial shock of the situation, I kept my mouth shut. I mean, he was wearing maroon, brown and khaki with puppy dogs etc...did he really look like a girl!? Don had a few choice words about the lady calling his grandson a little girl though...haha. So it was decided for me...lil b was getting his haircut ASAP.

Luckily, our neighbor, Mrs. Amanda was nice enough to give him a quick trim...little did she know what she was getting herself into!  We tried everything; favorite tv shows, having control of the remote, phones, cameras, toys, food, combs, you name it we tried it (well, except for scissors, although he wanted those pretty bad)...but nothing could keep lil b from resisting his haircut. It turned into me holding his face towards the tv while Amanda swiftly tackled his hippie hair. After about an hour and a few tears, lil b looked like a little boy again.

1 comment: