We love the OBX...so much we married it!

We love the OBX...so much we married it!
September 13, 2009

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

These Boots Were Made For Stompin'....

Last weekend turned out to be a rainy one and left all three of us stuck inside with movies, books, and boredom! Lil b would venture away from the movie to find something fun to do...that's where we caught him standing and sitting on the window sill giggling at the park and yearning to go for a swing! He then would come get me and grab my hand and lead me to the stairs where his shoes were....how can I say no to that?!

 It had stopped raining so I got us geared up to get a little fresh air...and what an adventure we had! After swinging for what seemed like forever, he let me take him out without a fight- which never happens! On any other day, he would be "that kid" who screams and kicks when I take him out of the swing while all the other parents and kids stop their conversations and playdates and stare...luckily, that's when lil b puts on his cutest smile and waves bye to the people...this boy loves to ham it up in the lime light. So, no struggle...awesome. Wait, now I know why he was okay when I took him out- PUDDLES!

As a firm believer of boys will be boys, I let him explore and jump from puddle to puddle until he was soaked. Okay, I can't take all the credit- lil b's caretaker Rachel lets him be a true little boy all day- rain or shine...and hence allows us to be more laid back parents. We are so lucky to have her! In the video below you will witness a true little boy stomping away in puddles in his favorite rain boots...as well as wave to his friend in the puddle :)

1 comment:

  1. OOOOhhhh I just LOVE him!!! :) He's much too cute!!! I think it was just adorable that he waved at his friends in the puddle!! :)

    ReplyDelete