We love the OBX...so much we married it!

We love the OBX...so much we married it!
September 13, 2009

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Verdict Is In....

My family is moving to Hawaii.... :(

It's easier for me to announce this over the blog because I've been such a mess everytime I talk about it in person... For everyone who has already listened to me pout about this, thanks a ton! I am so lucky to have great family and friends...and there will be plenty more pouting.

My dad will leave on April 12th and my mom and sister will follow sometime this summer. And although we've known for a long time that this move was very possible (and I mean, 95% possible) the reality just set in last week when we found out that the move was 100%. I may not have mentioned it to alot of people yet simply because it was not my news to announce...and now that the key players know, we are good to go.


As most of you know, Hawaii is not unfamiliar to the Pyle Family. We did our first tour there back in the '90s- I believe I was 7-11years old (give or take).... and it was an awesome experience! We were able to travel to the other islands, my parents were scuba junkies, we all surfed and boogie boarded, and we just got to be beach bums. We loved it! I think I am more upset that I will not be able to go with my family this time around more than anything! Well, that and the fact that we will be so far away from them which will make visiting more of a challenge...but then again, who can complain about going to Hawaii??! I know Sienna will have a blast eventually- after the intial shock of her first move... She is such a mature and positive young lady- and I have no doubt that she will adapt to the change in no time. Ugh, I'm going to miss that sassy lil sister of mine. Good thing we all have Verizon...haha.

By the time I moved over there, I had already moved 2 or 3 times.... and I became a nomad like my dad. However, the move to Hawaii in the 90's was a big one for our family back in the day and I was devastated to leave my family in Virginia, especially my grandmother
(Di Dung- you will see her mentioned every now and then :) ) And that is another hard part for the Pyle Family now- lil beaze is East Coast...and he is going to miss his Ahma, Grandpappy and Auntie Enna sooooo much! Thank God for technology, though. We already have webcams and other means to communicate in person (almost)! And I'm sure he will want to go to Hawaii all the time--- how on earth am I going to explain to a toddler that Hawaii is just not that easy to get to? This should be interesting.


Top Left: Pyle Fam @ Luau
Top Right: Me and DiDung @ Hanauma Bay
Left: Krystal and Friends @ Barbers Point

Right:: Family in the Toilet Bowl @ Hanauma Bay
Above: Krystal and Dad @ Barbers Point

I just researched the distance to Honolulu, Hawaii (from Charles Town, WV) and looks like we can be there in about 16 days.... The cross country drive will take 2 days and the kayak trip through the Pacific Ocean will take 14 days...haha. Thanks Google Maps!

Stay tuned for more Pyle Family updates...!

3 comments:

  1. You are sooo funny...that is how we are going to get through this move...we will laugh are way :) I love you and miss you already...mutti

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I am already crying! :( I'm going to miss them too!!! Ooooh, maybe we can go to the airport and have them flap the airplane blinds so we can all wave!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right, thank goodness for modern technology. Keep clipping those coupons, you'll have money for a plane ticket saved in no time.
    What a beautiful place to go and visit.

    ReplyDelete